Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cite Tamil

I watch Tamil movies. Whether it's Malayalam, Telugu or any pilihan bahasa yang lain tidak dapat dipastikan. However, I am not an avid fan who waits for it every Saturday or Sunday (wah, tau gak) each week.

No doubt Tamil movies are similar to Hindi movies, but, if you ignore these parts eg: rolling down the hills, flowery2 and dancing-dancing and "naan unai kaadal.. etc:, some stories might be worth watching.

I remembered, pada suatu waktu dahulu, on one Deepavali, a few years back, my housemates and I watched this movie starring Vijay and Simran. I recognized only Simran at that time as she is pretty. Tajuk cerita: Thullatha Maanamum Thullum. Huh, therbelit lidah.. How do I know the title? Berbekalkan nama Simran, i googled. Cari saja sinopsis cerita that involved
i) a blind girl
ii) a kidney for sale
iii) donated corneas
iv) a bus full of muda-mudi passengers
tada!! dapatlah sebuah cerita Tamil box office yang telah meletupkan nama Vijay (anak siapa tak tau) dengan emphasis on his thick jambul. Some scenes involved bus passengers who sing and clap synchronizedly (bila berlatih tak diketahui) to the song "Innisai Paadivarum". Try look it up. A song that haunts me for years. Kenapa la.

Above is Simran. Tulisan berlorek tidak diketahui maknanya.

To me, the story was okay. Sekiranya ada parts yang tak hingin ditonton, kita buatlah aktiviti2 lain contohnya buat air, minum air @ pergi ke bilik air. We watched that movie dengan penuh perasaan.. perasaan yang lebih bermakna dari menonton Sembilu..hmmm.

No comments: